The Planning Region Team is an organized group of parents, advocates and representatives from school districts, agencies, educational service units, Head Start, childcare, and other relevant persons or agencies responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of the Early Development Act in each local community or region.
We are located in Region 12, which covers Box Butte, Dawes, Morrill, Sheridan, and Sioux Counties in the Panhandle of Nebraska.
The team works together to:
- Discuss issues of regional concern related to services for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families.
- Make recommendations/provide feedback to local agencies regarding the provision of early development services in the region.
- Work with Services Coordinators to identify gaps and duplication in resources in the region.
- Identify the training and technical assistance needs in the region for administrators, direct services providers and families involved in the provision or receipt of early development services.
- Identify the resources that may be shared, adjusted or developed in the region to address gaps and duplications in services.
- Work on Child Find efforts and public awareness to identify infants and toddlers in the region who may have delayed development or medical needs that may effect the child’s development.